Chris Uggen's Blog: curtiss a lennon show tonight

Thursday, December 08, 2005

curtiss a lennon show tonight

one of my favorite voices will be singing john lennon tonight at first avenue. an impromptu tribute 26 years ago has become a heartfelt tradition. i remember curtiss a. as the legendary "dean of scream" and the man flat puts out live. sort of a mix between james brown, howlin' wolf, and an overcaffeinated paul mccartney. doors are 5:30 and tickets are $10-12 at 701 1st ave. n. in minneapolis (612.332.1775). i'll show up late, after the big guy in back battles the stillwater heavyweight tonight.

still don't think its worth venturing out on a cold minnesota night? just imagine this voice doing lennon with love. 'nuff said.

3 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Anonymous sarah said...

Oooooooooooooo, I'm so jealous! I mean, the Lennon things sounds awesome, but what I wouldn't give for a good excuse to go to a wrestling meet!!!! I really hope there aren't any cruciferous vegetables growing in Tor's ears...

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous chris said...

both events were really cool, sarah, though i probably violated some wrestling norms with "over-aggressive cheering." hair has obscured the ears for months, but (aside from ipod damage) i think they're ok so far.

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous sarah said...

I don't know, I would bet that I've out-done you in the "over-agressive cheering" department. At the MN-IA "Border Brawl" at the Xcel a couple years ago, I had even the hardcore row of Iowa fans behind me in awe of my "dedication" to the Hawks as evidenced by my "remarks" toward the ref.

I saw a blurb on the news last night about the Lennon tribute. Would have thought about it if not for two papers and a stats assignment coming due sooner than I would like.

Good news on the ears.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home