mayor rybak declares june 13th electric fetus day
when esperanza said her pals were headed to "the fetus" this weekend, it didn't register at first. i couldn't believe it when she elaborated: "you know, the electric fetus. in minneapolis."
you mean, like, the old record store and paraphernalia shop i remember from high school? aren't record stores for old and/or dorky people? or are you into something we should talk about?
i haven't been to the fetus for a few years (decades?) but i'm heartened that they're still selling music and candles and incense and bath salts and such. they also do some very cool in-stores, with atmosphere and brother ali appearing just last night. here's the rest of the lineup:
- Wednesday, June 11th: Haley Bonar
- Thursday, June 12th: Roma di Luna
- Friday, June 13th: Charlie Parr
- Saturday, June 14th: Teddy Bear Band
- Sunday, June 15th: Donald Washington/James Buckley Trio