Chris Uggen's Blog: what's cuter than a li'l crawler? <i>the magical crawler badge</i>

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

what's cuter than a li'l crawler? the magical crawler badge

see that handsome crawler badge, settin' over there by the links? i'm sort of chuck yeagering this one for contexts. our fine web editor jon smajda (pronounced schmoyda, as in schmeudian slip or schmoidavagen) worked it up to alert potential readers to the ever-changing wonders of the crawler.

jon's crafted a careful how-to if you'd like to add the code to your site, or if you want to create a similar badge your own self. if you have ideas for the crawler, stop on by and offer some feedback to its principal author, amelia cotton corl (who, just for the record, is definitely not me). in my view, she somehow offers a clear, fresh, and unbiased presentation of all manner of sociological newsmaking.

5 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger jon said...

If you're coming from an rss reader straight to this page, note that the crawler badge only shows up on the main page sidebar.

And I can't believe you used Ashcroft as an example of Smajdean slip (note the correct spelling as well). Completely incorrect example of a Smajdean slip.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger christopher uggen said...

ah, temperamental genius. i'd welcome a right and proper example of a smajdean slip -- just make sure it isn't too embarriskin'.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Jon said...

I don't actually have a definition off-hand, really. I mean, you made up the word, I just thought I'd exercise my right as namesake to define the term... At minimum, for now, I move to restrict its use so that it cannot be applied to John Ashcroft. Is that too much to ask?

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Woz said...

Wow, that crawler looks pretty dang good...it's worth putting up with the fiery and temperamental leader of the TPP to get it

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Jon said...

woz, I told you to leave the public statements about TPP to me. Fiery and temperamental...whatever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home